Payments & Accounts Officer
Salary: £20,092 - £21,748 per annum
Location: Number One Market Street
Working Pattern: Full Time/Flexible Hours
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 01/03/2021 at 23:55 PM
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join our Financial Services division which is based at the main Council Office in Nelson.
Main responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the prompt, secure and effective payment of creditors’ invoices within the approved timescales and supporting the process of document imaging of paid invoices.
• Maintaining the integrity of the Financial Information System (FIS) through checking and reconciling data input from feeder systems and the main FIS.
• Completing bank and cheque reconciliations in relation to the Council’s bank accounts.
• Administering the Council’s continued adherence to Construction Industry Scheme, recording of tax deductions and reporting to Inland Revenue.
• Assisting in the provision of insurance cover for the Council’s assets.
You must have general office, financial administration, and basic bookkeeping experience along with the experience of working with computerised financial management systems, preferably in an accounts payable environment.
Along with strong IT and administration skills you will also need to be highly numerate and accurate with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
Benefits include access to the Local Government Pension Scheme and flexible working arrangements.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic there will be a requirement to work from home in the foreseeable future.
If you require any further details having read the Job Description and Person Specification please contact Karen Watling, Interim Chief Finance Officer, on 07521 460 232.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs, an online application form must be submitted.